Cactus Sunshine Joshua Tree National Park, California
1 of 30
From: €434 nightly 10
There are cacti, desert and mountain views aplenty in this fabulous home in the heart of the Yucca Valley. Just over six kilometres from the Joshua Tree visitor centres and nearby cafes, and even closer to the nearest desert museum, you get the full Joshua Tree experience without being completely cut off from civilisation. The house is set on a five-acre plot and decorated in the laid back and comfortable style you'd expect. While the home is equipped with all the usual mod cons, it's retained plenty of quaint charm with wood-panelled walls, a record player and retro games console sitting alongside a lightning-fast internet connection and various streaming options. We loved the wicker mirrors, wall hangings, hammock-style hanging seat and the peaceful, minimalist bedroom interiors. Outside you'll find a ten-foot cowboy pool for cooling off in the day and a wood-fired hot tub and jetted Jacuzzi bath to warm up as the evening draws in. When you're not neck-deep in water, the wooden seating area is a perfect place to admire the pink and red sunset skies.
Home truths: * You'll need a car to get around – though the home is down a dirt track, a 4x4 isn't necessary – there's ample on-site parking
* Two sofas in the living room can be used to accommodate an additional two guests
* Stream content to the TV via the Roku
* Two electric bikes are included
* Child-friendly amenities such as a cot and highchair are available upon request
* The twin bedroom includes a sound machine to help you fall asleep if the tranquillity of the desert doesn't do it for you
* Please keep noise to a minimum outdoors after 10pm
* Self check-in with keypad on arrival
Be the first one to tell us about your rental experience while staying at Cactus Sunshine. Let us know if the listing matched your expectations. You can share your comments about the location, property owner/manager and all the unique features that made your stay a memorable one.