If the idea of staying in whimsical coastal retreat appeals, have we got the home for you! This eclectic villa offers Victoriana with a French twist and sits pretty above Torquay with easy access to the beach, marina, and vibrant centre. The most distinct design choice is the colourful wallpaper that brings life to the walls to match the elegant vintage furniture. The open-plan kitchen and adjacent dining area might have earned this home a spot in Ideal Home magazine, but we liked the bedrooms the most. They're big and bright, while the playful bedding matches the wallpaper (as it should). The drawing room is equally lovely, draped in more earthy tones, and there's also a monochromatic patio with a beautiful view of the surrounding areas. While you won't need a car to explore the immediate area, if you're planning on venturing further afield, then you'll definitely need one. The classy seaside town of Salcombe is approximately an hour's drive, while Exmouth is forty-five minutes in the car – you could even include a stop in Exeter en route.
Home truths: * The host has limited the occupancy to ten to ensure a comfortable stay for all guests
* As this is a quiet, residential neighbourhood, your host kindly asks you to keep the noise to a minimum
* The wooden floors in this home are the host's pride and joy, so please use slippers indoors and don't let the bath overflow
* Child-friendly amenities such as a cot, highchair, dinnerware and fireplace guards are available upon request
* A loveable dog lives here – while they won't be present during your stay, the home might not be suitable for allergy sufferers
* You're welcome to bring along your own furry friend
* Self check-in via lockbox
* We'd recommend a car to explore the area – there's free parking on the premises
Be the first one to tell us about your rental experience while staying at Torbay Wonderland. Let us know if the listing matched your expectations. You can share your comments about the location, property owner/manager and all the unique features that made your stay a memorable one.