Looking for a coastal escape? This charming property is the annexe to Ship Cottage which dates back to the 1700 and is remote! From it’s beachside location this simple whitewashed cottage is only accessible by 4x4 vehicles. This dog friendly bolthole has an inglenook fireplace with woodburning stove, perfect for the cooler evenings and with the beach on the doorstep it’s the place to escape the rat race!
If you can tear yourself away head to Bishopstone and on to the beaches of Langland and Caswell Bay. Mumbles itself is a delightful coastal village is home to some excellent boutiques, stylish shops, galleries and cafes.
- Size: sleeps 2 in 1 bedroom
- Beds: 1 x double bed, 1 x Futon (£15 extra for linen per booking for use of Futon)
- Open plan living area: inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. 4-seat sofa, chair, TV and DVD player, dining table with 4 chairs. French windows onto the garden.
- Kitchen: Newly-renovated kitchen area with fridge with icebox, microwave and cooker.
First floor accessed via spiral staircase .
- Bedroom: double bed with French doors leading onto the balcony.
- Shower room: 'Jack and Jill' en suite shower room with shower cubicle, WC and wash hand basin which can also be accessed from the hall as well as the bedroom.
- Entertainment: TV, DVD player.
- Outside: large balcony has patio furniture for 4 people.
Parking: parking for 4 x 4 vehicles only, parking for other cars in residential area 1.1 miles.
- General: changeover day - Fri. Wood burner (no central heating). Bed linen & towels provided. WiFi can be intermittent.
- Pets: dogs welcome by prior arrangement. Note - you will need to pay an additional pet fee and you must not leave dogs unattended in the property.
- General: changeover day - Friday. LPG gas. Wood burner. Bed linen and towels provided. WiFi can be intermittent.
- Accidental Damage Deposit: you may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.
- Notes: no smoking. NO VEHICULAR ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY OTHER THAN VIA THE OWNER'S 4X4 LANDROVER (day of arrival and departure only). In very extreme cases the small river floods and then access is by foot only via the beach or a woodland path (these routes add a 10 minute journey to the arrival). N.B. Guests leave their car in a residential area 1.1 miles from the property. The owners will collect you from a meeting point on arrival and transport you to your destination. Guests are welcome to bring their own 4wd if they are confident to drive off road and be liable for their own car. The track is rough and steep and cars may get scratched-the owner is happy to talk you through the access route. Weekend discount available - 15% discount for 3 night breaks commencing on a Friday (February only and excluding school holidays).