Believe us when we say that this place is even better than it looks in the photos. Wonderfully restored in a clean, modern style, this home has been designed with great attention to detail throughout. The decor is flawless, with a predominantly white colour palette, lifted by bright pops of colour, courtesy of stunning artwork and playful wallpaper (the maze-like yellow number in the downstairs toilet is our favourite). It's tailor-made for entertaining, with plenty of space to seat guests, both inside and out. Step through the bifold doors and into the garden clutching your morning cup of coffee and look out over the large lawn – it's perfect for outdoor games and alfresco family picnics. Around the corner, you'll find a hot tub that's perfect for a soothing soak at the end of the day. Back inside, we loved the unique windows, which let in an impressive amount of natural light whatever the weather. If you're visiting during the cooler months of the year, there's underfloor heating throughout, plus a beautiful wood burner. As the home is situated a little inland from the beach, we think it would suit a group looking to enjoy some country time. That said, it's only a fifteen-minute drive to Bude if the surf forecast is looking promising.
Home truths: * At 6Mbps, the internet is on the slow side, although this is something of a given in rural areas
* We'd recommend a car to explore the area – Bude and the beach are just a short drive away – there's plenty of on-site parking
* Your lovely and approachable hosts live next door, so they're on hand should you need anything
* Child-friendly amenities such as a cot, highchair, changing table, dinnerware and stairgates are available upon request
* The top bunk in Bedroom 4 is quite high – your host recommends it for children 8 years plus
* Bedroom 2 can be set up in either a king-size double or twin configuration
* Logs for the wood burner are included
Be the first one to tell us about your rental experience while staying at Wild Furze. Let us know if the listing matched your expectations. You can share your comments about the location, property owner/manager and all the unique features that made your stay a memorable one.