The barn is very clean and tidy. We travelled with my parents, our 16 month old daughter & our dog. Slight niggles, not negatives, just points to be aware before you book:-
1. There is no enclosed garden for the dog, there is a very nice grassed garden with trees , a patio type area with seating and a gravel area for parking but not an enclosed area to just let your dog free, we had to take ours out on his lead as there is a busy road.
2. The road is quite noisey in the main bedroom
3. The whole building creaks, this was only a problem when our baby was trying to sleep
4. There are a lot of spiders, it must be noted that this will be due to the area and the trees etc
5. The toilet seats do not stay up this was a problem for both male and female alike.
6. The owners home is very very close, you have to walk passed there windows to get in and out of the barn.
These points are just minor niggles.
The building was also painted while we where staying which seemed a little odd that the owners would choose a time when guests where in to have the building painted.
On the upside
1. It was very good value for money
2. The big bedroom bed is very comfy
3. The 'welcome' tray of tea and milk is a very nice helpful touch
4. The barn is tastefully decorated
5. Everything you could need is provided, towels, fridge, freezer, iron, fan, alarm clock, hairdryer etc etc
6. A very nice pub is about half a minute walk away for food and drinks
7. Local shops are not far away and can be easily walked
8. Ample parking
All in all the barn is very nice, very warm, tidy, clean and inviting. We would recommend a stay to our friends