This cosy yet spacious five star cottage, just 0.5 mile from the beach, is a farm building that has been renovated to the highest standard and is also suitable for the less abled. Packed with original features such as exposed wooden beams and stone walls, you will get a real taste of Wales at Sgubor Madrun, which also features a jacuzzi bath, en suites and underfloor heating. Half a mile stroll to Porth Neigwl’s 3 mile long golden beach, and just a short distance from the popular village of Abersoch with its laid-back atmosphere and watersports. Traditional country pub serving delicious food just 1.5 mile away. Explore tiny coves and bays, take a boat trip to the sacred Bardsey Island, and enjoy the experience of being in an area where the Welsh language flourishes. Homely, stylish and historical, this property, located on a working farm, is the perfect getaway.
- Size – sleeps seven in three bedrooms.
- Beds – two doubles, three single.
- Rooms – ground floor – open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area, double bedroom with ensuite (suitable for a wheelchair user). First floor- double bedroom with ensuite, large bedroom with three single beds, bathroom with jacuzzi bath.
- Entertainment – plasma TV, DVD, CD radio player. Games room now open.
- For families – cot and high chair available on request.
- Outside – patio area with garden furniture.
- General – electricity and central heating included. Wi-Fi connection available. Hairdryer provided on request. Basic items are provided, such as washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs and bathroom cleaning products. Front access and rear to this cottage is level and suitable for the less mobile including wheel chair users, and the ensuite ground floor double bedroom is also suitable for a wheelchair user. This room has an electrical 5' adjustable bed, back and legs raising, furniture legs raisers for hoist legs, wet room style shower room including grab rails and low level wash hand basin and a shower/commode chair on wheels with flexible arms. Please contact us in advance if you require disabled friendly equipment, such as the shower chair. Assistance dogs are welcome free of charge.
- There is another other holiday cottage on site – Stabal Madrun, and can be booked as a group booking for up to 13 guests.
- Pets – dogs are welcome at an additional charge of £30 per dog. Maximum of two small dogs or one big dog (apart from Alsatian and German Shepherd). Please let us know if you're bringing dogs, so that the owners can install a stair gate prior to your arrival. Dogs must not be left in the house unattended.
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.