This recently remodelled home on the Devon/Dorset border is perfect for a countryside retreat. Positioned on the edge of a historic, seventeenth-century farm, just a short way from Lambert’s Castle and five miles from Lyme Regis and Charmouth on the Jurassic coast, the area promises exciting day trips and outstanding natural beauty. Whether you’re after rural rambles or swimming in the sea, there's something to pique your interest. Inside, underfloor heating means you'll be toasty warm no matter the weather, while floor-to-ceiling windows ensure guests enjoy a splendid view from every corner of the home. Food is important to your chef host, so despite the compact size of the kitchen it contains everything you could need. We'd definitely recommend sampling charcuterie made from his rare breed pigs and you'll be supplied with farm fresh eggs on arrival. The comfortable bed is perfectly positioned to catch a glimpse of the stars through remote-controlled skylight
Home truths: * It's essential to have a car in this remote area – there is a private parking space on the gravel drive
* All the farm animals could prove too much for your furry friend, so they'll need to stay home
* Child-friendly amenities such as a cot are available upon request
* Phone reception is poor, though the wi-fi is fast enough to stream films
* The outdoor fire pit doubles as a barbecue
* Your host lives on-site in the main house – they'll be on hand if you have any queries or are looking for local suggestions
Be the first one to tell us about your rental experience while staying at Meadow View. Let us know if the listing matched your expectations. You can share your comments about the location, property owner/manager and all the unique features that made your stay a memorable one.