For a small family or a group of friends, holiday homes don't get much better than this. An eco-cottage equipped with a wood-burning stove and a lovely open-plan living room, it's ideal for hanging out, watching movies, and dining in around the sleek white table. Then, when you're ready to take on the world outside, there's a day out to suit everyone's tastes – from walking the West Mendip Way to climbing up Jacob's Ladder to peer over Cheddar Gorge or getting in touch with your spiritual side at Glastonbury Tor. However, staying in is no less fun, especially with the outdoor hot tub bubbling away in the background. The wrap-around terrace is a great place to put your feet up and relax on the loungers or even a spot of alfresco dining while you watch the sun go down. When the weather isn't playing ball, pick up some local produce from the nearby shops and use the well-equipped kitchen to whip up a speciality or two. This home also boasts two luxuriously cosy bedrooms with green views that will help you recharge and prepare for another day of kicking back and relaxing.
Home truths: * There are a number of other lodges on the site, so you're not totally secluded
* Child-friendly amenities such as a cot and highchair are available upon request
* You'll need a car to get around the area – there's parking for one car near the lodge and additional spaces in the on-site car park
* Dogs are welcome – a charge of £40 per pet per stay/week applies before your stay
* The twin beds in the second bedroom can be configured as a king-size double on request
* Access the home via a private entrance
* The breakfast bar and dining table double as laptop-friendly workspaces
*It's set over a single level with step-free access to the bedroom, so it may be suitable for those with limited mobility
Be the first one to tell us about your rental experience while staying at Heron's Nest. Let us know if the listing matched your expectations. You can share your comments about the location, property owner/manager and all the unique features that made your stay a memorable one.