Contemporary farmhouse style in the grounds of New Cross Farmhouse estate, your hosts have paid great attention to every detail to provide you with a luxury experience in the heart of Somerset. The home is filled with treasures and trinkets collected on travels across the globe, plus distinctive modern art that nods to English history. With its own private garden and entrance, this is the perfect couples' retreat or small family getaway – you're welcome to bring your dog along too. The interior has a consistent blue theme running throughout. Starting at the front gate, it runs through to the panelling in the cosy living room and up to the bedrooms, even extending to the wall art – we love a home that has the courage of its convictions. Explore the local area, and you'll come across three pubs within walking distance and a network of public footpaths through the fields for your dog. A short twenty-five-minute walk will see you arrive at the Somerset Cider Brandy orchards, where you can tour the mill and shop, hike up the famous Burrow Hill and enjoy a tipple from the infamous Glastonbury Cider Bus, serving every weekend throughout the summer. Wander in the other direction and you'll soon discover Flying Pig Cider and their open-air orchard cafe. Within a twenty-minute drive are the picture-perfect villages of Ilminster, South Petherton and Langport – dotted with coffee shops and independent boutiques.
Home truths: * Child-friendly amenities such as a highchair are available upon request
* You'll require a car to explore the local area – there's driveway parking right by the home for two cars
* Dogs are welcome but you'll need approval from your hosts before your stay
* You might have to hunt around for the hidden washing machine and dryer
* Your hosts operate yoga and pilates classes, wellness programmes and cooking workshops within the main estate house – please enquire before your stay if you'd like to book
*Storage space is minimal so we recommend packing light
* The dining table doubles as a laptop-friendly workspace if required
*The shower pressure is on the lower side and could be stronger
Be the first one to tell us about your rental experience while staying at Fosse Way. Let us know if the listing matched your expectations. You can share your comments about the location, property owner/manager and all the unique features that made your stay a memorable one.