My wife and I wanted to get away over Christ,mas and after an internet search chose Hafan Fach as it did not allow pets. The owners had gone overboard to make us feel welcome. Early telephone contact was very positive and upon arrival we were initially impressed. The Apartment was well decorated for Xmas and even had a sizeable xmas tree there. There was a bottle of wine awaiting us,as were Christmas crackers, biscuits, jams etc and the fridge was well stocked with milk etc. In fact, everything we needed was there. We were very impressed initially and the apartment looked welcoming and cosy. On the downside, there is no parking but we did secure a disabled bay on the high street just around the corner. This meant lugging our baggage along Church Street and, after negotiating two doors, taking it up a flight of awkward stairs into the lounge. Baggage then had to be negotiated up an awkward spiral staircase to the bedrooms. The flat was very noisy. Directly underneath the lounge is a barber shop and conversations between barber and client were only blotted out by switching on the TV. Except for Xmas night, we were continually disturbed late at night by rowdy drinkers leaving the two pubs close to the apartment . One pub is directly opposite and the second is next door but one from the apartment itself. Boxing night was by far the worst as young drinkers started smashing up property along Church Street whilst shouting and swearing. This went onto 2:45 am and my wife was terrified. Neither of us got any sleep that night and we decided that enough was enough, We spent the rest of that night packing up and loading the car. We left just after 6am! Upon leaving, we could see that Church Street was littered by debris left by these late night/early morning revellers.
Another problem during our stay was the fact that the power tripped off three times. In all fairness to the owner though he did appear twice with engineers and sorted it out. Apparently electric cables had been affected by damp in the walls. In fact, one electrical socket in the kitchen had historical scorch marks on it but an electrician removed that and blanked it off. There was a lot of damp evident in that part of the kitchen with paint peeling off the walls. The main bedroom also smelt of damp as did our unused clothes by the end of our stay.
We would never stay there again because:
. It was noisy
. Pub users were intimidating
. It was damp in places
. The electrical safety was suspect
. No parking
. Awkward stairs and spiral staircase to be negotiated
You might find it suitable to your needs, but if you have young children or are disabled then forget it!