Holiday home Cloonacastle Cottage is a detached cottage near the village of Ballinrobe and just twenty miles from Westport. The cottage sleeps nine people and has three double bedrooms one with Jack-and-Jill access to the shower room and one with an en-suite bathroom, one family room with Jack-and-Jill access to the shower room and one twin bedroom, together with a ground floor family bathroom. Also in the cottage is an open plan living area with a fitted kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and sitting area with additional sitting room. Outside is ample off road parking and lawned gardens to front and rear with furniture. Situated in County Mayo, Cloonacastle Cottage is a lovely base from which to explore this historic region.
Area Ballinrobe is a lively market town on the River Robe in County Mayo, close to Lough Mask, Lough Carra and Lough Corrib. Geographically, it is ideally located as a touring base for those wishing to explore Galway, Mayo and west Ireland. Dating back to the 1300s, Ballinrobe is believed to be the oldest town in South Mayo, and is surrounded by many features of archaeological, architectural, historic and ecological interest. Ballinrobe is known as the lake angling centre of the west, and with 60,000 acres of lough fishing, and miles of river fishing close by, it is easy to see why, plus the town offers a championship 18 hole golf course and spring and summer horse racing meetings.
Region The West of Ireland conjures up many images; thatched, whitewashed cottages, a flock of sheep on a narrow road, an emerald green field with a stone wall, or the Atlantic waves crashing into towering cliffs and rocky shores.
Beautiful house very clean , spacious, comfortable toy room for the kids went down a treat, good location close to amenities we would highly recommend and hope to stay again in the near future.
The photo shows the beauty of the building and its peaceful rural location. Inside is immaculate and spotlessly clean and well worth a visit.
But... why isn't this cottage finished off? Please...
- put curtains at the windows - it makes the place warm and cosy and stops the constant echo of an empty room
- put in a decent TV instead of that old monstrosity
- put towel rails/hooks in the bathrooms for towels - where do I put damp towels
- you really need bed side tables
- you need bed side lamps on the tables
- put a warm rug by the side of the bed
- get rid of the laminated sheets saying do this/don't do that - it looks awful - create a visitor book!
- there are no 'home comforts' - no pictures/paintings/posters etc on the wall
- remove photos of the owners kids - really not necessary
- finish off the floor - where one floor meets another there is gap eg. under doors - put an aluminium strip over the gap - they cost a few euro
- why is the fireplace covered over with a sheet of painted plasterboard - open it up
This could be a beautiful place with just a few pounds spending on it and it deserves a bit of love and attention.
Tell us about your rental experience while staying at Cloonacastle Cottage. Let us know if the listing matched your expectations. You can share your comments about the location, property owner/manager and all the unique features that made your stay a memorable one.