Well first of all, first impressions of the accommodation is it looks very beautiful when you arrive. But very uncomfortable beds, not very clean, no freezer, a mat placed in a dangerous position which made me fall and injure myself and no storage for food or clothes, its not what I expected!
1. Off road parking, nice to be able to park outside especially with me having mobility problems.
2. Enclosed garden, great for sitting out when there is sun.
3. Bathroom downstairs, don't have to get upstairs for the loo.
4. Good showers
1. To say we are still in a pandemic and covid is still very widespread, I expected the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned to a higher than normal standard. The sofas were full of dust, the cupboards had 2 spiders living in there with several webs so hadn't been cleaned prior to our visit. The rugs were really dirty and the floor was also really dirty.
2. There was no room to store any food so had to store food on the sides. There were cupboards full of unnecessary things for a holiday like scales for baking a cake.
3. There was no freezer so was unable to store the frozen food I had brought although there would be plenty of room for a chest freezer either outside or in the first reception room.
4. The beds were extremely uncomfortable! The king size mattress is completely ruined. It dips in the middle and you can see where the mattress has collapsed. This is a big thing, especially as I suffer with chronic pain. This just made it so much worse.
5. Had Sykes cottages ringing as I had one more small dog threatening to ask us to leave because I hadn't declared it when I booked. It was a genuine mistake. Clearly we were being watched which is not what you want when you are on holiday. We then had someone come in and move our belongings when we were out! The extra dog wasn't a problem, we left the place cleaner than when we found it.
6. A very dangerous mat was placed on the wooden floor in the first reception room under the window. It had no rubber lining to keep it in place and I was walking to the toilet and went straight over and injured my elbow. I suppose I was lucky it was just my elbow and didn't smash my head really or it was one of my children that fell!
7. Then went to use the first aid box and there were contents in there from 2003 so none of it was sterile! Just basic health and safety really.
So yes all in all, wouldn't be recommending and think there needs to be some changes to get things covid safe and generally safe.